Whoops! It's been a while since I've posted an update. Lost track of time I suppose. I've been spending the majority of my time working on our game projects, which has been tons of fun! I sneaked in a few days of work on the tools though, so here's where things currently are!
- I cleaned up the UI a little bit, removing the bone counter from being embedded to being a separate widget you can bring up:
- I got the reset modules tool in and done! This tools lists all of the modules in the scene and allows you to multi select them, and either reset their settings or reset their transformations (with translate, rotate, and scale broken out)
- Added the above tools to the toolbar (reset being the 0, and bone counter being the 2 icon):
- I began work on the next phase of the pipeline, previously called deformation setup. It's now been changed to Finalize Setup, which I think is clearer.
- Wrote a "Weight Wizard", that guides users through getting deformations setup on their characters. There was always some confusion over when and where in the process to add your custom meshes, so hopefully this will clear that up!
- The last image shows a new tool that allows you to quickly get skinning information on your meshes quickly. It's still in progress, but all of the main functionality is there.
Lastly, here is a video showing and covering all of the above features in greater detail. Enjoy!